



We had quite the adventure yesterday. I was babysitting a little girl at our apartment and right after lunch I heard a lot of cracking sounds coming from the kitchen cabinets hanging above our kitchen sink and bar. I could tell the cabinets were coming loose from the wall, but were still hanging by the ceiling. Apparently the ceiling wasn't strong enough because within a few minutes, the whole cabinet unit FELL on our counter, taking the kitchen (and part of the living room) CEILING with it! It was a HUGE noise and I thought the whole apartment was caving in. Luckily I had made sure the little girl was in the living room because I was worried something might happen when I heard the cracking, and I was barely able to grab Ethan out of his highchair before we were buried under rubble of cabinets, plaster, and insulation. We ran outside and the kids were screaming and I was shaking like crazy.
Apparently fell because of a pipe leak in the ceiling that had dried and weakened everything. I'm SO glad no one was hurt. We are kitchenless for a week and half-homeless since there's so much construction going on, but thanks to good friends and family, we've been well taken care of.
Here are some pictures, although they don't do any of it justice, I thought we were in the middle of a building demolition at the time! Insulation is Everywhere and I don't know how we'll ever get rid of all the dirt and dust.
17 comments:
AAAAHHH! That looks soooo close to little Ethan's high chair! Amazing that you had time to grab him and run!!! So scary!
I am so sorry that this happened. It is good that everyone was save. How nice it is that your friends and family have helped with you having a place to stay until it is all cleaned up.
Wow. Not much else to say.
I'm so glad you're ok - that is SCARY!
wow.
Mom said "Poor Chelsea, come home."
Come home Chels.
that is crazy! I"m so glad you are all okay! what a scary sound that must have been! phew!
That sounds like something you see on a movie - how wierd and scary, I am glad that you got out of there okay, what a mess!
The pictures don't do it justice!?!?! Are you joking!? It looks terrbile! I can't believe you didn't tell me about and please please can we help you to get it cleaned up? Let me know. Youa re so brave!
Do you need help to clean up? I am available after work this week!
You have such a great attitude about things! I would be whining and probably so upset that I wouldn't even think to blog. But you are a huge trooper. Wish I could help you.
Wow, glad nobody got hurt! Good luck with the repair and cleanup efforts!
I have not been able to visualize what it would be like to be in an earth quake. You have shown a little of the mess it would be.
I am glad it is a rented place and someone else's problem to get it fixed. You will have a problem with little people who will be into everything.
grams.
Crazy!! What a mess. That's no fun to be homeless. You can come stay w/us in NM!
wow! That is crazy. Seems like in the few years I have known you a lot of crazy things happen to you =) I hope things get back to normal soon. Just think.. you wont have to do dishes for a few days =)
OH MY WORD!! I don't know what I would do. It is times like these that make us so thankful that we are renting. Oh I hope you don't mind I found your blog on Elsha and Tyler's. I am in awe at that scene. Crazy stuff. Oh and I totally agree with your comments on Breaking Dawn. I don't think it is appropriate for teenage readers and even not good for those of us that are married. I always twinge when I read a cuss word and I am so disappointed with her for feeling the need to put it in there. It would be great without it.
Oh my goodness! I am so glad you guys are all okay. What a mess!
Oh my gosh! Im glad you are all okay. How scary!!
On the up side, you got popcorn ceilings?! Lucky.
Post a Comment