So I'd like to formally rescind my former complaints against the characters of the Twilight series. Jacob's not a
Total jerk, Bella's not an unfaithful wife, and Edward picked a good mate. I really enjoyed Breaking Dawn, although I still stand by my complaints against the inappropriateness of the passion directed toward young adult readers. Harrumph.
1 comment:
So Monday nights my BFF and I, you know scan the blogs for our normal Tuesday email to our friends of "funniest blogs ever" (Ummm we are single so no judgements :)). We came to yours and of course we were intrigued by the subject of Twilight.....if not by the names on your family list. Anyway, we decided to sound off.
#1 - Twilight is a cheap imitation of Buffy the Vampire Slayer...done and done
#2 - Breaking Dawn was actually our favorite book. I loved the fact that it truly delved into true human emotions. I loved how she was changed, I loved how Edward went damn near crazy and I loved Jacob's storyline. I hated the ending, I thought she took the easy way out (the way all those Morgan's did). I will admit that it was probably a bit too racy for younger readers. But then again my boss did not think there was enough passion. So I guess we all read things differently. I have never been a fan of Bella. This book is no exception, but she does prove to be a multi-faceted woman in this book as opposed to the others. I think my biggest complaint is the story lines that were ripped off from Buffy. But then again with such a perfect series who wouldn't want to rip it off.
Thanks for letting us sound off. Your blog is totally cute as is your family.
Post a Comment