I was a little nervous to leave Ethan for 5 days but he did great, thanks to his amazing dad and some good friends. Instead of bawling the moment he saw me come off the airplane because he missed his mom who he's typically glued to, he glanced at me and went back to reading his book. I picked him up and hugged him, but he just gave me a quick smile and turned back to Brian asking him to finish reading the book to him. What a silly boy! It's great, he has seemed much more comfortable playing by himself since I've been back. I guess I'll have to leave more often ;)
It seemed to be a great refresher for me to get back into being a stay at home mom (I did really miss B & E), Brian learned a lot ("we've had lots of fun, but I've learned a lot--taking care of Ethan all day is HARD work!"), and Ethan seems to be happier and not as clingy. Yes, I think I'll have to do this yearly.
Can you guess who are the sisters and who are sisters-in-law? Probably not...
L-R: Carmelle (sister), Alyssa (sister), Mom, Kaitlin (sister), Lindsey Kay (SIL), me, and Lindsey Marie (SIL)
11 comments:
I can't believe how much you all look alike! Wow. I'm glad you had fun. Did you finish your book? Yay for Girls' Weekends.
I'm glad you guys had fun. It was great to see you at the reception!!!
that sounds like so much fun. i would love to do something like that!
Maybe I should leave Spencer for a while. If that is all it takes...Glad you had fun. You look great, and so much like your sisters, even your SIL's.
I can't believe how much all of you look alike, that is fun to have a few days with all the girls!
I can't believe how much all of you look alike, that is fun to have a few days with all the girls!
What a cute picture with all the girls - it's always fun to get together like that! Kaitlin is looking especially grown up :)
I'm so glad you had a good time! Horay for the sisters weekend! 5 days without Ethan!?!?! How'd you do it? I'm very proud of you and him and most of all BRIAN! KU-DOS to him.
I am so glad that Ethan did so well! I miss you already. Let me know about June :)
That pic turned out nice. How do I get a copy?
Post a Comment