No, it's not diamonds. It's not chocolate. And it probably is only true for preggos like me who are tortured all pregnancy with HEARTBURN!

My BFF is Tums. Ahhh. Not that the taste is anything spectacular, but we're pretty much joined at the hip since I'm popping them constantly day and night. And thank goodness they take effect immediately--if it was the waiting period that aspirin takes, I'd be dead.At 23 weeks I'm still feeling good. It's fun to feel the gentle kicks before this little man turns my stomach into a punching bag. Here's a photo of the belly--I'm definitely showing and enjoying the oh-so-fashionable-elastic-waist maternity pants. The joys of motherhood. . .
This is also the point at which strangers politely try not to stare at your stomach wondering if they should ask about when you're due, but still scared because, hey, what if I wasn't pregnant and had a bit of a beer belly? Yes, I understand. I personally won't ask someone about their pregnancy unless it's been confirmed to me or I'm positive they are about to pop. One too many bowls of ice cream or a bun in the oven? For now, strangers will just have to deal with the unknown. (Besides, the answer is both... :) )
This is also the point at which strangers politely try not to stare at your stomach wondering if they should ask about when you're due, but still scared because, hey, what if I wasn't pregnant and had a bit of a beer belly? Yes, I understand. I personally won't ask someone about their pregnancy unless it's been confirmed to me or I'm positive they are about to pop. One too many bowls of ice cream or a bun in the oven? For now, strangers will just have to deal with the unknown. (Besides, the answer is both... :) )
7 comments:
You look sooo cute! And you need to eat more ice cream!
okay, I don't know if your first little guy had a lot of hair when he was born....but I had WAY worse heartburn with my second...and I had heard that it was a sign that the baby would have lots of hair...for me it was totally TRUE! just some random info! You look super super cute!
"Showing" huh? Not much.
Yuck for the heartburn! I carried a bottle with me everywhere I went with Madison. Luckily, Alex sat low enough that I didn't have the same problem, but I have NOT forgotten the chest pains from Madison. :) You look great!!
You are cute! (Though still not very pregnant-looking!)
Oh man I know what you mean! I couldn't LIVE without tums when I was prego! So seriously, where is your belly? :)
Well, I guess I am out of the loop...I had no idea you were pregnant! Congrats! How exciting! Hope the heartburn goes away! :)
Post a Comment