Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sing Us a Song, You're the Piano Man

Ethan is getting so big and reminds me so much of Brian sometimes (silly, messy, so darn cute, etc). One of the biggest similarities now is a love of the piano. I LOVE hearing Brian play and Ethan's decided to take up the hobby too.
In the past week, Ethan goes to the piano at least every hour and asks in his urgent jabber (seriously, he thinks he's talking--he repeats the same babble over and over each time) for me to uncover turn on the piano (it's digital). He then proceeds to "play" his music and thinks it's the best thing on earth. As soon as he gets distracted and I go turn it off, he'll catch me, and crawl right back to play it again. We hope he keeps this up, I always wanted to learn to play the piano up until my 1st piano lesson (things only went downhill from there).


Starting young (1 week old)




He even gets into singing sometimes! (we'll have to work on that a little)

La la la, de de da
La la, de de da da da
Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright

8 comments:

SHELLYFINCH said...

Oh My Goodness! That video cracks me up! Pax thinks he can sing too! But he's not as good as Mr. Ethan! ;-) Hope things are going well! Miss ya!

P.S. Give Ethan a big hug and kiss from me!

Chelise said...

Adorable pictures :)

Can't wait to hear his first masterpiece!

Ashley said...

Are you kidding me with that kitchen mess, how scary, someone could've been killed in all that mess! Glad you all are ok and the kids got out of the way.

grams said...

The piano playing is great. Grams ordered something from TV a couple of months ago. We haven't received it yet but it was just a key board that could play all sort of things I think. Wonder if we will ever get it and if so will he play it? Ethan keep it up. Grams

c said...

Soo cute! I love the singing! Livia's into the piano (peenana) right now too. They'll have to do a duet sometime! Brian's so talented. It would be great if that was passed on to your kids (and you're not that bad either:)

Tawnya said...

I love how he wants so badly to be involved. I love his singing.

Eileen Cheney said...

Wow, how that little guy has grown! He looks so tiny in his one week picture! I love to hear his singing and OF COURSE I love how he wants to play the piano! You keep going, Ethan - music to my ears!

jaordyna said...

Aaah- what a great video! He really does babble away, doesn't he? How fun! This is so cute!