Friday, June 6, 2008

Memorials

Brian and I wanted to record our favorite memories of those grandparents who have passed on before us on Memorial Day, and even though we missed it, I figured it's never too late. We're grateful to have such wonderful ancestors that helped make us what we are.

Grandpa Pratt: Always playing the Banjo.
Grandma Lillywhite: Cinnamon graham crackers with strawberry milk, her miniature trampoline, and her electric recliner that we always wanted to play on and push the buttons.
Grandpa Lillywhite: I never met him, but I know he was a great baseball player and very involved in local politics to help improve the community.
Great-grandpa Bench: His blue double-swing I loved to play on every time we went to visit him.
Great-grandma Thomander: Her pink press cookies, picking out a ceramic figurine to paint from her collection, and her reminder to me not to carry a baby just on one hip, or it would grow lopsided from the other.

We Love and Miss You!

1 comment:

c said...

Chel, this might be a fun idea to get (coerce) people to do for July. Fun to see what others remember about people. i had forgotten that Grandma L' recliner was electric, and I remember her gingersnap cookies and lemon drops more than her graham crackers. Fun to think about these special people!