



Can I just say thank you to Brooke White (American Idol contestant) and this year's Miss Utah Jill Stevens? They are awesome at representing the values they believe in. I've been so impressed to see them in the spotlight of fame and still dress modestly--despite the fact that modest formal or "performing" clothes are near impossible to find. It makes me cry when I see it (I know, I'm nuts). But I just love how they are being great role models to girls, showing them they can be beautiful without flaunting every part of their bodies. When I watched the Miss America pageant this year, I was so proud that Miss Utah was able to wear a one piece swimming suit and sleeved, near-knee-length dresses everytime, even though she was criticized for it, and it probably hurt her standing in the competition.
I've been disappointed at other Mormons who have risen to popularity in TV and media and who dress as if there were no other choice than to follow the world and go skimpy. I hope there are good role models out there when I have little girls wanting to be the next American Idol or Miss America. Miss Modesty, I vote for you!
8 comments:
I am so glad that you have become part of the blogging world, I love it! I also had to say that I really enjoyed your comments on modesty, I think that it is so sad the way that girls and women think that they need to dress. I think that you will be a great mom for a little girl one day, and I know that you will also be a great mom for the little boy that you have and be able to teach him the importance of finding a girl that is modest and respects her body, because he has a mother that way. Love, Kassie
What a great post! I am so glad that their are women out their that will stand and show what they believe and still look better then most women on TV.
Amen to that! I recently did a big modesty lesson for all of your YW, and their biggest complaint is you can't find modest stuff that looks good. Well look at these girls!!
Great post Chelsea
Wow - I second that! These women just proved that it is possible to dress modestly and still look great! Hats off to them! Ethan is so lucky to have you for his Mom!
I haven't seen the dress Miss Utah had at Miss America, I will have to look it up, but she is a great role model. I agree- LDS or not, it is encouraging to have positive role models!
Chels- Holly White is a very good friend of my friend Adrianne. Did you see the episode when she first auditioned and told that she had never watched a rated R movie? Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7obxoCHL9o
She is a great example. I think it even won her some points with Simon!
I totally agree! great blog!
Doh! I said Holly White (someone else I know) but meant Brooke!
Post a Comment