Thursday, April 15, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

For me, this weekend was filled with fun. Gavin and I took a little trip to New Mexico as all my sisters (excluding Lindsey who just had twins, we missed her!) and mom got together for a quality, relaxing weekend. Though we were all together at Christmas, that can hardly be called a vacation because we were all running around trying to rein in 13 kids, and cooking for them and 15 adults.

The trip started quite bumpy as my flights got messed up when my plane had issues and i got rerouted from Chicago to go through Dallas, then on to Albuquerque, eating up a whole half day of the 2 1/2 days reserved for fun. The rest of the weekend was great though.

We ate lots of good food (I always have to try to fill my canteen with good Mexican food while i have a chance), did LOTS of crafting (wouldn't be a Lillywhite event without that), got Kaitlin all spiffied up for her Senior Prom, celebrated Alyssa's 30th birthday, watched a movie, had a couple visits with old friends, and kicked back and relaxed as we all imagined how our husbands were struggling to survive with the kids at home.

Hooray for good hubbies that are willing to take on the mommy-shift each year during a girls weekend!
And Hooray for having a great mom, great sisters, and great sisters-in-law, so we actually like getting together!

ps--coming home was good too. As Brian and Ethan met me and Gavin at the airport, Ethan took one look at me, and with a huge smile on his face, came running toward me at full speed. I was so excited to pick up my toddler in my arms and get a big fat kiss and hug. I was disappointed though, as Ethan was only a few feet away from me, he suddenly realized his little brother was sitting in the stroller I was pushing. I was promptly forgotten and Ethan ran up to Gavin to give HIM the big hug and kiss. Hmmm. At least he missed me the second-most, right after Gavin.

6 comments:

Tawnya said...

That is so fun. I can't believe how much you look like your sisters!

Jared & Tristan said...

That sounds like so much fun! And I love the greeting from Ethan, what a great big brother :)

c said...

So fun! Loved seeing you and sweetie-pie Gav! So can I just copy-and-paste this post to my blog? :)

Shenna said...

Looks like fun! Its nice you guys are able to all get together for a girl's weekend (minus the kids)!

jaordyna said...

So glad you could come. It went by way too fast! Thanks for the sisterly fun:)

Heather O'Brien said...

How fun! I'm glad you got to get away kid free and spend time with your family.