
Yes, I know we are running about a month late with everything , but in frugal fashion and an attempt to go green (just like last year ), enjoy our holiday greetings and year's review!
Dear Friends & Family,
Since this is a little late to be a "Christmas card", we're going to claim a true review of the year couldn't happen until it was completely over…(just humor us J). Looking back at 2009 brings nothing but smiles to our faces. We have been so blessed and hope that 2010 will be as good as the last year—for us and for you!
2009 In Our Own Words
Brian: In the third year of medical school, I'm now doing my clinical rotations which are definitely more enjoyable than all-day lecture. I've liked so many of my rotations that deciding on a specialty to go into will be very difficult. What brings me the most joy is seeing my two boys grow so fast. I love coming home to see Ethan's face light up and then being able to spend some precious time playing together. Gavin's little smile always makes me laugh—he is changing so much in such little time. I'm excited to someday be less busy with school, so I can have more family time. Chelsea's been patient and supportive of my busy schedule; I would NOT be able to get through school without her. But, despite busy days, long hours, and longer weeks, I feel this past year has been the best yet! New Year's resolutions include: Run another marathon, survive another year of med school, and get a decent night's sleep at least once.
Chelsea: My boys are my life. I am pretty much joined at the hip with the kids—Ethan socially ("Mommy, help build blocks, read books, play in my room, play cars?"…etc.) and Gavin physically (Brian constantly gets a kick out of the sight of Gavin held on my hip just enjoying the free ride around the house while I attempt to function in my responsibilities one handed). I love my daily "siesta" with the kids—naptime is apparently a hard habit to break J. Any free time is typically spent doing crafts, projects, trying out new recipes and reading. New Year's resolutions include: getting Gavin to have an earlier bedtime than me, run a race, and survive another Iowa winter—current temperature reads -6 F!
Ethan: My world turned upside down when my mom brought home a baby in September. For a while, I tried to get rid of him, but it didn't work. After that I decided to become the best big brother ever. I love Gavin so much and each time I see him, I jump up and down with joy. I make sure to show-off to him my every move so he knows what a big boy I am. I'm always busy jumping, running in circles, playing toys, reading books, and learning new things like the alphabet and numbers. I'm best friends with Mom, although nothing beats when Daddy comes home and we can WRESTLE! New Year's resolutions include: eat better (I'm VERY picky) and get potty trained (Yikes!).
Gavin: Most my year was spent in embryo, but the final 3 months of 2009 really threw me through a loop. I'm an angel—I sleep pretty good and am typically content to sit and be entertained by my silly big brother and his shenanigans. My favorite pastimes include blowing spit bubbles, babbling, and trying to make early-bird Mom into a night owl. New Year's resolutions include: self-defense against overly adoring brother, and avoid getting another cold (current stat is 5 colds in less than 4 months of life!).
We hope all our friends and family are doing well; we love you and especially miss those we haven't seen since our move to Iowa City. Please keep in touch; we'd love to hear from you!
Love,
The Cheneys
6 comments:
Oh my goodness, your boys are growing up fast! That happens, I guess, thanks for the update and I'm glad to here you are doing well/staying busy :)
That picture is really cute!
Cute picture! Glad to hear everything is going well for you guys, minus the chilly weather. Hopefully it warms up soon!
What a great family picture! Where did you get them done?
so cute! Reading this all makes me miss you! Glad that things are going okay. Hope you are surviving the cold. (have you started thinking about texas yet for residency? it's 75 degress today :)he he)
What a cute card!
Post a Comment