Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dear Blog,

I know our relationship has become strained lately, as my visits have become more and more infrequent. I apologize. I've wanted time and again to post a random thought or happening, but hence, my logic and stubbornness have stopped me. You see, I have wanted to document each holiday, vacation, and any other little excitement in my life, as these seemed to be the most "blog-worthy".
But thinking about it today, I'm tired of not blogging about the silly thing my toddler did today, or the cute milestone the baby's just learned, all because of the "I still haven't caught up on the Christmas, trip, birthday, insert-other-event-here" excuse. I don't care if my posts aren't published sequentially anymore or if the big events aren't included at all. I don't want to blog just to prove to myself or others that my quaint stay-at-home-mom life is still fun and eventful every once in a while. I love my day-to-day life, and I want to blog about the everyday happenings that makes me love it, because it's the small things that make life great, not just the big celebrations and craziness.
So, I hereby resolve to use this blog to remind me of the little things that make life great, and not to remind me of how seldom a big exciting activity comes my way. Can you ever forgive me? And if my posts are still rare, know that it's not you, it's me-- I'm busy spending time with my boys and not that I'm avoiding you out of guilt from being behind in my posts.
Our happenings may be small but our lives are wonderful.
Sincerely,
Your blogger

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Cute, Chelsea! And such a good reminder. :)

jaordyna said...

Good point, Chels. I'm sure your blog will forgive you...eventually:)

Unknown said...

Dear blogger daughter. I am the one who must ask forgiveness for not visiting you here more often. Mom and I love what you share and will be watching for more. But don't feel too guilty. I'm sure every single life event, both big and small, is recorded somewhere and someday you will be able to review and see every one of them.

Love Dad

c said...

Ok, you are forgiven :) This is my take on journaling and scrapbooking too. It's to preserve memories - what ever memories we can wrestle down on paper (or screen) before they slip away. Definately not about being caught up or sequencial! You're awsome!