When I tried these biscuits at a dutch oven Handcart Festival a month ago, I HAD to get the recipe. This recipe makes the most moist, delicious biscuits! It's super easy and you don't have to bake them in a dutch oven either. Mmm, mmm, good. Try them! (and, no, this isn't actually a picture of them, they look slightly different, but scrumptious nonetheless). :)2 Cups Flour
1 T sugar
1 T Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp salt
4 T Butter (cold)
1 1/2Cups buttermilk
Mix together. Mixture will be wet. Flour your hand and scoop as much as you fit in your palm. Lightly flour it as you drop into a greased cake pan or pie plate (*or dutch oven).
Start in the center of the pan and work your way out.
Melt 2 T butter and pour over top.
Bake @ 500 for 5 min, and then 450 for 11 min.
* Dutch oven- Use 4 T. butter and spread chunks between biscuits. Stack top of oven high with brickettes. About 9-10 on bottom. They will be golden on top when finished.
7 comments:
Yum! I wondered if you ever got that recipe. I'm glad to hear they work in a regular oven as well!
Thanks for the recipe! They really were AMAZING!
Buttermilk biscuits are some of my favorite! I will have to try them for sure.
So I am still just using my canon powershot camera. (I am looking at buying a digital SLR camera hopefully with birthday and Christmas money this year :) I made the pictures look better with Photoshop. I can't remember if you have Photoshop or not, but I messed with the Midtone Contrast which completely made it look more professional. Then I just did an unsharp mask.
Miss you, friend!
Wow! 500 degrees. I think I'll have to wait to try these until after the summer is over. It's way too hot here to turn the oven on, especially that high. :) But I will definitely try them. I LOVE biscuits.
You are getting so close to having this baby! I bet you are so excited!
Those look so good. I should try them.
Sounds yummy. Can't wait to try it.
Chelsea!! Sorry for being MIA for awhile...I know all about your binge blogging post! How are you feeling these days?? Countdown mode I'm sure :)
Post a Comment