Our spice rack, which we've had since we got married 3 1/2 years ago, has always been in need of a little makeover. I've always been frustrated that most of the spices in it are... weird. Who really uses caraway, mint leaves, cardamon pods, and celery salt on a regular basis? And why couldn't those be left out and instead sold with more common spices like garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, or red pepper flakes? A little annoying to not ever use 11 of the 20 spices in your rack.
Solution:
Get rid of the nasties and replace bottles with the goodies.


It might not look as professional, but it was still fun to relabel the bottles and have my most common spices at my fingertips. Getting rid of storing 11 of those spices in my cupboard instead was also a bonus.
7 comments:
You don't use celery salt? I must admit, I thought it was a weird thing to have on my spice rack, but it is all gone now! I definitely need to makeover mine like you did though. I agree, who needs mint and caraway, etc. Great idea!
BTW, you look fabulous!
I've thought about doing that for such a loooong time, maybe sometime this summer I'll finally do it!
That is a really good idea! Jed said he wants to do it now.
I totally agree! really....caraway? what the? I also recently went through some spices, and wondered who gets paid to choose the "most common" spices to put in a spice rack.
Well done! A while back I finally alphabetized my spices - total nerdy, but what a help!
Good idea! I had never even thought of that. Item #1047 on my to-do list...
I love it! Ben and I just registered for one!
Post a Comment