Monday, September 15, 2008

Les Miserables

We spent the weekend in Kansas City, visiting Brian's aunt and family, and got to go see Les Miserables while it was playing there. It was such a great weekend!

Our big surprise was that the Starlight Theatre was aptly named--it was an outdoors! It was really a beautiful amphitheater, unfortunately the tornados from the night before still left us with a lot of rain the night of the performance. But with panchos, we were fine (don't worry, the actors were also fine--the stage was covered). The performance was SO good, I've always loved the storyline, book, and music to this play, but this was my first to actually see the musical.
Ethan had so much fun playing with his second cousin, the gorgeous Ainsley. She is just a few months older and it was so cute to see them interact.

We can't wait to go back to visit the Hamricks!

8 comments:

Curtis, Crystal, Vance, Kael, and Merek Birdno said...

That is okay I love to share our blog and to see other peoples blogs. I think it is a great way to get to know people a little bit better. I am glad you found ours and have enjoyed it. Thanks, we are excited about the baby and I am feeling great. I really have been blessed with my two pregnancies with not being sick. My sister is due a week after me and she is really sick so she hates me right now but hopefully it will end soon. Anyway thanks again.

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

I LOVE Les Mise... I saw it 3 times while we were in Utah. I can't get enough of the music. If you ever hear of a show around here I would GLADLY go with you. Glad your home is all put together again!

Shanna said...

I LOVE Les Mis! I saw it at Wolf Trap here a couple weeks ago - also an outdoor theater, and also in the hurricane rain! We did not have ponchos (that would have been a good idea) and were completely soaked by the end! Its my favorite musical by far though. I'm glad you're back in your house safe and sound again too! That's really scary, with or without the popcorn ceiling ;)

BradandMelanie said...

That sounds like so much fun - it has been a while since Brad and I went to a play, but it something that we love to do when we can leave our kids for a bit - I bet is was great, even in the rain!

jaordyna said...

fun times and good memories. Very cute babies!

c said...

I love les Mis. too! What a fun memory.

Chelise said...

Glad you guys got to go... and glad your back in your house too!

grams said...

Glad you had a nice holiday! The little cousin is adorable too.
Glad Ethan is having a birthday!!
love to all. Grams