Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Nauvoo Pageant



Saturday night we went to the Nauvoo Pageant and left Ethan with a babysitter. Whoohoo, it was great, I think we need to have a date night more often! The pageant was wonderful, I was very impressed. I loved how the stage was set with the temple in the background. The temple was dark for the whole pageant until the end when they lit it all up, after taking down the fake temple prop. It looked so gorgeous and really made an impact after seeing a story of the early Saints in Nauvoo who sacrificed so much to build that temple to worship and make sacred covenants in it.

6 comments:

The Wylers said...

What a neat way to see some of what the Saints went through. And always nice to have some alone time. Looks like you guys had fun in New Mexico. How great for almost everyone to be together at the same time.

SarahandJD said...

I'm so glad you got to go home to see your family. That is the best! I had know idea your family was so big! I'm sure house is full of lots of energy!

c said...

I like this background "paper" even better - cheerful and fun!

Lindz_e said...

How do you change your background with out loosing all of your friends blog link off of your page? I lose mine every time =(
The pageant sounds like it was fun!

Kaitlin said...

*jealous*

grams said...

They have really upgraded the events since we were there years ago. Sounded super delux.
grams.