Thursday, March 31, 2011

As of late...

  • Brian matched here for Anesthesia Residency--4 more years, but it includes a small salary instead of large debt. Yipee!
  • We bought a house! Are we really THAT old? We don't even feel old enough to be Allowed to make such a big purchase.
  • Shopping sprees! Our house is being built: aka-- builder says "here's your budget for x, y, and z, now go shopping!" Very tempting to just add on upgrades to everything because, really, what's a few more thousand compared to the overall price?... yikes, the thought makes me sick...
  • Brian finished med school with 6 weeks of vacation and will assist in the stay-at-home-parent thing until late June. We're ecstatic and adjusting--yesterday his frustration was "I took care of the kids all day and couldn't get ONE thing done on my list." While attempting a straight-face, I can only reply "Welcome to our home, honey" :)
  • Life is good. Busy but wonderful. I can't quite shake the worry of what bad thing must be around the corner, because, this really can't keep up, right? so says Newton... Regardless, we feel blessed beyond measure.

6 comments:

Edwards Family said...

Exciting Times! Congrats to You and Brian making it through medical school! It's not easy, but totally worth it! Enjoy this time that you have as a family. It is so nice, especially before the transition to residency. That's so exciting about your house. You'll have to post pics!

nathan n rachel said...

I never get things done on my to-do list.

lindz_e said...

I am so glad everything is going so well for you!

Liz said...

Those are all such great things. Congratulations! And enjoy having Bryan around for a few weeks. Wish I could see you and catch upon person.

Michelle said...

great updates! congrats on the house!

c said...

Hooray on the big milestones!!