Sunday, May 16, 2010

Law and Order: Vehicle Victim Unit

Family X gets rid of Clunker Junker (Exhibit A)
Exhibit A

Family X buys new car (Exhibit B)
Exhibit B


Trusty Rusty (Exhibit C) gets demoted from primary family transportation to Hubby's commuter car.Exhibit C


2 Months Later:
Wife goes outside, sees new car has been victim of ruthless crime, screams for husband, and presents said husband with new car's graffiti: scratches all across passenger side of car (Exhibit D).
Exhibit D

Investigation begins: fingerprints taken, security tapes reviewed, and witnesses interviewed. No luck. Conclusion: Key evidence found in Exhibit E. Suspect and weapon apprehended. Suspect given house arrest and community service, with possibility of parole at age 18 for good behavior.
Exhibit E


Mystery Solved. Welcome into the Cheney family, Mr. Car.




In all actuality, when I found the scratches all over our new car, I called quickly for Brian to come look. He asked what happened and I told him about how apparently when Ethan was riding his bike next to the car the day before, a metal piece of the handle must have been scratching it! I was upset, but my wonderful husband just took a deep breath, shrugged it off, and said, "Well, these things happen. Good thing we won't be selling this car and needing a good resale value on it in the future." And a new rule of no riding bikes close to cars was implemented. Can I just say how thankful I am to have a husband who doesn't sweat the small stuff? He sees the big picture more often than I do, so I get good reminders like this once in a while that says , 'yeah, that stinks, but what can we do now? Let's prevent it in the future and move on without worrying about it.' Note to self: remember this when 16-year-old Ethan comes home having backed the family car up into a telephone pole.

7 comments:

SHELLYFINCH said...

Chelsea you are too funny! Your post are so creative! If poor Ethan takes after you when it comes to driving....man, poor kid, you were the worst driver ever! LOL

nathan n rachel said...

If I saw scratches on my new car I would have screamed! Cute post.

Tawnya said...

You are so clever!! What a cute post! (I am glad you got a picture of your old car! You said you didn't get a picture but you noticed it in our parking lot I see...)!

grams said...

You are both top characters in a beautiful life!!!
Love you, grams.

c said...

Great post! Congrats on the car (well, buying it - not damaging it :) )

Sara said...

Oh my!!! Congrats about the new car. Looks like you're quickly making it yours. Hope you had a safe drive home over the weekend.
I love you're writing.

jaordyna said...

New car- hurray!!

I never backed into a telephone pole till I was 30. Oooops...