Friday, September 18, 2009
Nesting
Nesting Instinct: an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world.Females of the animal kingdom are all equipped with this same need. It is a primal instinct. Just as you see birds making their nests, mothers-to-be do exactly the same thing. The nesting urge can also be seen as a sign of the onset of labor when it occurs close to 40 weeks of pregnancy.
Source: parentingweekly.com
No baby yet. And so, on goes the nesting. Of course, it could just be my organizing, clean-freak, just-moved-into-a-new-apartment need that is part of my natural personality, or maybe it's remembering that after having Ethan, I felt like I got NOTHING done on my to-do list for months, and wanting to instead, get everything I can done now. Regardless, until I have any contractions, on I go. Here's a few projects from the past couple weeks. Today's list: clean the whole house (hence, why I'm instead blogging :) ).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
You are too cute with your projects. Dang, no baby! Come on little guys. Mommy is ready for you!
Love the dresser, great job! I just spent the morning with your family!!! Actually just 4 hours with Kaitlin (senior pics) and and hour with Trevor and Cade!!
Love the dresser, great job! I just spent the morning with your family!!! Actually just 4 hours with Kaitlin (senior pics) and and hour with Trevor and Cade!!
Wow! Those are some projects!!! Especially for a 39 week prego mom!! You go, girl!
extremely cute!! all of your projects look great! I hope that baby boy comes soon! Can't wait to see him.
wow girl! I am loving the cute stuff you're doing! did you make the burp cloths? those are adorable! seriously! and the dresser looks awesome! I wanted my wedding colors to be baby blue and navy blue...but somehow there ended up being some pink mixed in there. I'll regret it forever! me? pink? I don't think so! anyways...everything looks awesome. you're so cute.
So cute! Way to get all your crafts in before the baby comes. You are a cute pregnant lady, and I love your hair. :) Good luck!
Fun projects! I like how the dresser turned out. Good luck, and hopefully the baby comes soon!
Nice work little nester. Aren't you glad that was the last day you had to nest? Congrats on baby boy!!!
Cute projects! Way to squeeze a few things in before the big day :)
Post a Comment